Propulsion Systems Engineer [Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer]
This position will be to further develop the propulsion system from the architecture developed under the founders original direction. This role will inherit the Eternium patent pending motor design, fan and ducting geometries and variable nozzle system to further systematically develop a high specific thrust and efficiency propulsion system required to accomplish our long range capabilities.
- BS or MS in aeronautical or mechanical engineering with a strong aptitude for fluid mechanics and aerodynamics.
- Strong understanding of a wide variety of disciplines of engineering [electronics, structures, materials, aerodynamics, safety]
- Holistic thinker (duties will not necessarily include all of the above but is a requirement to understand how your designs will interface with and enhance them to create synergy)
- Experience with FAA regulation compliance 14 CFR part 25, RTCA/DO-xxx and testing procedures.
- Strong talent in prototyping, 3D printing design, composites and manufacturing
Preferred skills and training:
- Design for manufacturing experience and/or training
- Experience with an aerospace manufacturing organization
- Experience with test engineering
- Strong aptitude for mathematical AND qualitative analysis
This is a foundational engineering role with potential to evolve into a managerial/technical leadership position, and will interface directly with the chief tech officer.